We have openings across multiple departments at our Aberdeen, Md location.
Shipping & Receiving Lead (Aberdeen)
NGP Aberdeen is searching for a European automotive enthusiast to hire as its next Shipping and Receiving lead. All applicants must have experience with automotive parts and inventory management, and must possess a positive attitude and willingness to help NGP deliver the world-class customer service our customers have come to expect.
Our Shipping and Receiving Lead is involved with all aspects of our business, from retail sales, shop service, and our motorsports program. This lets you see and learn about the latest vehicles, performance parts, and trends within the European automotive enthusiast industry and gives you the inside track to promotion into sales or management roles within the company. In this role, you will have your own office, with views that feature both the latest high-performance VW and Audi models and older and rare European vehicles.
Simply put- This is your chance to join a fun, fast-paced, and exciting environment at a growing business!
Ideal applicants will be those who have experience with shipping, receiving, and inventory management, a passionate European vehicle enthusiast, and someone who seeks an opportunity to turn their automotive passion into a new career path.
• Handling and organizing all inbound and outbound shipments, including parts and shop supplies/equipment.
• Process shipping documentation and inspect processed orders for accuracy and completeness.
• Safely and neatly package outbound shipments to ensure their safe arrival.
• Collaborating with internal departments to optimize the flow of orders from preparation to shipment.
• Evaluating carrier performance and resolving issues with orders and logistics.
• Acting liaison between management, carriers, and shipping customers.
• Management of shipping materials (boxes, packing supplies, tape, etc.).
• Updating entries in shop management software when needed parts are received.
• Channeling received parts to the correct department (service, sales, or shop inventory).
• Must be able to safely lift up to 70 lbs.
• Answer telephones and help customers in our showroom as needed.
• All NGP employees alternate staffing for Saturday shop hours and car show/event coverage.
• Be passionate about European vehicles!
• Proficiency in, or ability to quickly learn, electronic shipping software suites (UPS Worldship, Stamps.com, USPS.com, FedEx, etc.).
• Working knowledge of logistics and shipping workflows.
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• A willingness to help wherever and whenever needed.
Automotive Technician (Aberdeen)
We have immediate openings at both locations for technicians who want to grow their careers with a long-established and European-focused independent brand with one of the best reputations in the industry.
This is your chance to leave the dealer or general service life behind and jump into a dynamic work environment that allows you to play to your strengths while expanding your skill set with a mix of service work and performance-centric builds. Significant experience with Euro vehicles is a plus, but not a requirement. For the right applicants, we are willing to help them learn the cars we work on and grow within our company.
Health and dental insurance, a company-matching retirement plan, a bonus program, paid time off, parts discounts, and access to the shop and shop tools for personal use are available for all New German Performance employees.
Never work another weekend, and never again deal with a lack of specialized tools or equipment. If you want to be stuck in the same place or situation 10 years from now, this is not the opportunity for you. We want team members who are hungry to maximize their potential within the automotive industry.
Technician job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Regular maintenance and service work, troubleshooting, and vehicle diagnostics
- Bolt-on installations of off-the-shelf power upgrades, turbo/supercharger systems, performance tuning, suspension/chassis components and upgrades
- Welding and fabrication experience is a plus but not a requirement
- NGP will supply specialty equipment and is constantly updating and expanding this tool selection, but you must bring your own standard tools. Toolbox transportation is covered by NGP for all new hires.
Our ideal technician hire would be:
- Career-oriented and seeking a long-term position within our company
- An individual who is detail-oriented and resourceful
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with our Service Advisors regarding needed or suggested repairs/upgrades for the vehicles they service
- Possess the ability to think clearly on the fly and in time-sensitive situations
- Be able to work and thrive in a team environment
- Knowledgeable with all VW/Audi platforms, including the most recent vehicle generations. Expertise in BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, and other European marques are also valuable attributes
Pay & Benefits (for all open positions)
Pay: Competitive non-commission salary with a department-based bonus program. All employees are eligible for annual holiday bonuses.
Benefits: New German Performance offers a full range of benefits for full-time employees, including health insurance (with dental coverage as an option), paid vacation, and paid sick days / personal days. Additional benefits include access to shop facilities and tools after hours, and deep discounts on parts (both performance parts and maintenance items).
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org